[CMake] Project as a target

Marcel Loose loose at astron.nl
Wed Apr 15 04:06:59 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I have a project structure, where my toplevel project consists of
several (sub)projects, which, in turn, may consist of subprojects.

bigproject
  projectA
    subA1
    subA2
  projectB
    subB1

I would like to be able to build any of these projects stand-alone (e.g.
'make projectA'). This is possible wrt. dependencies. However, CMake
doesn't generate targets for projects (at least not that I'm aware of).

Should I use add_custom_target() and add_dependencies() to create these
project targets, or is there another (better) way to do this?

Best regards,
Marcel Loose.