[CMake] Selecting debug builds on linux after generating make files via cmake

Jan Neumann jankneumann at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 18:07:32 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have been using cmake for years on the windows platform with great
success, but now I need to do cross-platform development including linux and
ran into the problem that I cannot figure out how to select a build
configuration that embeds debugging symbols in my libraries and executables.

I am generating project files for Eclipse or KDevelop (the current versions
on Fedora 10) using the newest Cmake 2.6.3 and everything compiles fine. But
any target that I choose for building does not generate debugging symbols.
Do i need to configure something during the cmake generation process (I am
currently using nearly identical build commands for windows and linux) to be
able to generate targets that build executables with debug information or is
there a more global switch in the IDE that I need to find to make the debug
builds visible?

Thanks for any advice,

Jan