[CMake] WinCE Support

Andreas Pokorny andreas.pokorny at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 15:05:17 EDT 2009

2009/4/14 Andreas Pokorny <andreas.pokorny at gmail.com>:
> [...]
>
> Configuring our project fails during the CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
> tests, because it tries to execute the generated project files with
> VCExpress wich has no SDK configured - and I doubt that it supports
> multiple SDKs at all. I am investigating that right now.

Changing the order in which CMakeVS8FindMake and VS9 respectively,
search for devenv and VCExpress fixed the issue.

Before I stopped for today I also discovered that there is a way to
magically set the UNDER_CE macro depending on the SDK used. For NMake
Makefiles I did that depending on the given CMAKE_SYSTEM_VERSION. I
will try to add that tomorrow.

As far as I understand, with the new generators for 2005 and 2008,
cmake will create project files for multiple cross compilation targets
at once? So if one has a SH4 and a ARMV4 CE SDK installed, we would
get a visual studio project that can be switched between these two
configurations (times the release/debug configurations), but there
would be only a single execution of the CMakeLists.txts with a
probably invalid set of CMAKE_SYSTEM_* variables. So if a project for
example modifies the set of source files for a target, or sets its own
set of platform describing cmake variables based on the given CMAKE_*
variables, we would break that project when the new generators are
used?

kind regards,
Andreas Pokorny