[CMake] Multiple installer packages from subsets of one large CMake project?

Kerry Bonin kerry at vscape.com
Tue Apr 14 09:37:28 EDT 2009

Hello!

We've recently migrated a very large project to CMake, comprised of
about 15M lines of source spread across about 30 common libraries and
about 10 applications.  (A VR/MMO/game development platform over P2P and
associated tools.)  We've brought up the first installer for the main
application, and have run into an issue that I can't find a clear answer
to...

Short version:  Is there a simple way to generate multiple separate
installers from within one CMake project?

Longer version: We have a source tree structured as shown below.  The
dependencies are rather complex, so we've always managed the targets
together (previously in parallel in Developer Studio and make.)  In
CMake we can now cleanly build any of the targets, and have only one
build system, which we love!  What we would now like to do is to create
multiple installer packages that are built from managed subsets of the
project.  What is the best approach for this?

Thanks!

Kerry Bonin

open source
  libraries