[CMake] managing lists with space separated elements

Piotr Dobrogost pd at opensource.dobrogost.pl
Mon Apr 13 13:38:00 EDT 2009

Brad King wrote:

> Last year I started working on new features to allow projects to specify
> flags with modern semicolon-separated lists.  See my comment from
> 2008-10-09 here:
>
>   http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=6493

It looks like that is the 3rd solution I suggested previously;

"Another solution is to implicitly convert every colon separated list
(the only right list in cmake currently  :)  to space separated list in
the last possible moment - when shell commands are constructed using
variables' values."

Is it really so?

> I haven't had a chance to finish those changes yet.

It's a pity.

--
Piotr Dobrogost
*** curlpp.org - c++ wrapper for libcurl ***