[CMake] Convert libtool convenience libraries to cmake

Yevgen Muntyan ymuntyan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 18:54:43 EDT 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 07.04.09 20:29:49, Yevgen Muntyan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to convert an autotools project to cmake. But, I don't know how
>> to solve the problem of the
>> convenience libraries. The issue is: the project builds a shared library
>> of bunch of libtool convenience
>> libraries. Each convenience library uses different compilation flags
>> (which is very important). So I can't
>> simply take all sources I got and stuff them into a shared library with
>> add_library().
>>

> Sure you can. You can set compile flags on a per source file basis with
> set_source_file_properties. If you have a bunch of files that get the same
> flags, put them into a variable, iterate over them and set the flags on
> each that way.

In fact, it doesn't even work. Generated visual studio project ignores
COMPILE_FLAGS set on source files,
even though it seems to be okay with COMPILE_DEFINITIONS. This is
strange because visual studio itself
does support compile flags set per-file. So I am back to my original
question. Anybody knows how to build
a shared library of separate cmake targets?

Thanks!
Yevgen