[CMake] CPack, Null Soft and Component

Jeremy Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Thu Apr 9 13:20:06 EDT 2009

David Cole wrote:
> I also added a link to that wiki page on the main CMake Wiki page here:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake#Tutorials

David,

Is this still true: "Also, as of the time of this writing, the
extensions to CPack required to build component-based installers are
only available via CMake CVS." ?

I am running 2.6-patch 2 and what I've added doesn't seem to have an
effect on the resulting .exe file:

SET( CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL core tool demo source doc )

SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_CORE_DISPLAY_NAME   "Core" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_CORE_DESCRIPTION    "Core Euphoria Files (binaries
and includes)" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_CORE_REQUIRED       1 )

SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_TOOL_DISPLAY_NAME   "Tools" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_TOOL_DESCRIPTION    "Optional tools such as EuTEST,
EuDOC and others" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_TOOL_INSTALL_TYPES  Full Common )

SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_DEMO_DISPLAY_NAME   "Demos/Tutorials" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_DEMO_DESCRIPTION    "Demo and Tutorial Euphoria
files" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_DEMO_INSTALL_TYPES  Full Common )

SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_SOURCE_DISPLAY_NAME  "Source Code" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_SOURCE_DESCRIPTION   "Source code for the
interpreter, translator and backend" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_SOURCE_INSTALL_TYPES  Full )

SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_DOC_DISPLAY_NAME     "Documentation" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_DOC_DESCRIPTION      "Text, HTML and PDF
documentation" )
SET( CPACK_COMPONENT_DOC_INSTALL_TYPES    Full Common )

Jeremy