[CMake] Generating Source Files

Jeremy Cowgar jeremy at cowgar.com
Wed Apr 8 15:41:32 EDT 2009

Bill Hoffman wrote:
> I like this solution as well, as you don't have to be running cmake
> from cmake.   It does mean that you have to be able to run the parser
> at first cmake time.

Ok, I have this implemented now, however, it seems that the checks for
IS_NEWER and the execute_command does not run when you issue a normal
make, only when you do cmake. Thus, when I change anything, I have to
run cmake to even know if there are any changes that should cause a new
build to take place?

For instance, I can edit parser.e and do wmake (using Watcom) and
nothing changes/compiles. It thinks everything is up to date. If I run
cmake . then it sees parser.e has changed, regenerates source and then
wmake will build a new binary :-(

Jeremy