[CMake] Fwd: ARGV to pass to CMAKE_COMMAND

Bill O'Hara billtohara at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:51:48 EDT 2009

Also to mail list.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill O'Hara <billtohara at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: [CMake] ARGV to pass to CMAKE_COMMAND
To: a.neundorf-work at gmx.net

I think it makes sense for us. We have a quite large build and sometimes
users want to rebuild part of our software automatically rather than use a
preinstalled version. We can support this with recursive calls to cmake for
the particular code they are trying to build but we need to also pass down
whatever parameters they passed to the top-level cmake invocation. We don't
know them all ahead of time, nor do we really want to hardcode them
explicitly in the calls to cmake.