[CMake] cmake-gui question

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:12:10 EDT 2009

I noticed that in the cmake-gui application (Windows), the drop-down box is
on the binary directory edit field and not the source directory field. This
seems backwards to me. Was this decision arbitrary or by design? If the
latter, why? Would it be possible to move the history listing to the source
directory edit field?
The reason why I bring this up is because the binary output directory may
not always make it very obvious as to which source directory you are
building. It seems like the user would be more interested in knowing the
history of source trees they have built instead of where those binaries were
placed, which does not necessarily have to be a node within the source tree.