[CMake] Where to put own FindXXX.cmake files?

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Apr 3 15:17:06 EDT 2009

Modestas Vainius wrote:
> On 2009 m. April 3 d., Friday 21:37:20 Brad King wrote:
>> If your package is CMake-aware then it should install a CMake package file:
>>
>>    http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_2.6_Notes#Packages
> [snip="from the wiki page"]
> It may also provide a CMake package configuration file
>  <prefix>/lib/foo-1.2/foo-config.cmake
> [/snip]
>
> I suggest using /usr/lib/cmake/foo* namespace instead of /usr/lib/foo*
> directly under Debian. You will need to depend on cmake (>= 2.6.2) or conflict
> with cmake (<< 2.6.2) though.

Actually it's 2.6.3 that supports "<prefix>/cmake/foo*".  CMake 2.6.2 does
not (unless Debian patches it).  I've added a note to the Wiki page about
the version.

It was unfortunate that my original proposal for this feature included
<prefix>/cmake/foo* but someone talked me out of it saying that it would
confuse users to have so many places to look, so it got left out of
CMake 2.6.[0-2] :(

-Brad