[CMake] perennial question, how to setup environment for simple tests

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Apr 2 15:19:13 EDT 2009

I've seen this question in the archives, but I was wondering if
there's been any progress since I last saw it asked (>1 year ago).

I have some unit tests. I need to run a command or two and set some
environmental variables before all the tests start. Does CMake have a
solution for this yet? Are there any common practices to handle what
I'm guessing is a pretty common thing?

I notice that CTest would allow me to setup a test environment, but
since it requires hardcoding the source and build directory it seems
pretty inappropriate as a common-repo script used by multiple
developers. Possibly the solution is to figure out how CTest can be
used anyways.

Thanks,
Ian Monroe