[CMake] CMake could really use a debugger...

Robert Dailey rcdailey at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:04:25 EDT 2009

I can't tell you how hard it is to hunt down strange behavior in CMake.
Often times I would save myself 30 minutes of time on each of the hard bug
fixes if I could just step through each line of logic as it was being
executed and view the values of variables in a "watch" window of some sort.
Does anyone know if such a CMake debugger exists? If not, are there plans to
make one officially by the CMake team or some third party?