[CMake] Win32: Find location of VS redistributable runtime files ?

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 09:49:53 EDT 2009

2009/4/2 Philip Lowman <philip at yhbt.com>

> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 7:00 AM, Stephen Collyer <scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
> > wrote:
>
>> In the course of installation, I want to copy the redistributable C++
>> runtime libs
>> directory from VS into my deliverable package. However, this should work
>> with
>> both VS8 and VS9. Could someone tell me how I can detect the build
>> environment
>> and locate the appropriate directory to do this ? For example, if building
>> with
>> VS9 I want to locate the directory:
>>
>> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
>> 9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT
>>
>> I'm guessing that there's a CMAKE_* variable that allow me to do this,
>> but I'm not sure which.
>

> You can include InstallRequiredSystemFiles for this. See:
>
> http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#module:InstallRequiredSystemLibraries
>
> VS9 support was added to this script and I believe it was first added in
> CMake 2.6.0
>
> --
> Philip Lowman

Thanks for that - I'd completely forgotten about the existence of that
module.

I've tried it and I have one question though - it seems to dump the manifest
and
DLLs into the bin directory - it was my understanding that these had to go
into
a subdirectory of bin called Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Am I misinformed ?

If it works, it's very convenient though.

--
Stephen Collyer