[CMake] Seeing CMakeLists.txt in IDEs (Visual Studio, Xcode)

E. Wing ewmailing at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 20:11:39 EDT 2009

I have a minor problem, though maybe this is a CMake bug.

I wanted to see my CMakeLists.txt in Xcode so I could try to edit them
in the IDE. So I've been manually adding CMakeLists.txt to my targets
(ADD_LIBRARY, etc). I tend to miss things like top level
CMakeLists.txt when lists are common to multiple targets.

I then moved over to Visual Studio testing and discovered that
CMakeLists.txt were automatically being added for me. So instead, all
my targets seemed to have 2 CMakeLists.txt links right next to each
other, both pointing to the same file which looks weird.

So I'm wondering what the correct thing to do is and if I need to file a bug.

Thanks,
Eric