[CMake] CMake Error: The source directory "./build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp" does not exist.

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Sep 23 17:07:31 EDT 2008

Roger Martin wrote:
> Setting the full path fixes it.  I'm wondering, on relative paths, if
> the cmake home/bin directory is the root.
>
> Yes, ./ is the current directory of the project from where I run a cmd
> script.
>
> ------------
> With the paths fixed as you pointed out, I then get an error dialog with ...
> The C compiler "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio
>   9.0/VC/bin/amd64/cl.exe" is not able to compile a simple test program.
> But by hand-build-environment, I can compile and link a 64 bit program
> with cl.exe and the Windows SDK
>
> I use Netbeans and Visual C++ 2008 Express IDE's.
>
> But for some complex projects such as http://www.openscenegraph.org
> CMake is the right tool.

I am still not quite following what works for you and what does not work
for you.   Can you describe when the ./ does not work and what steps you
take?

Also, for the compiler not working, can you give the full error message?
  If possible send the CMakeCache.txt and the CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log
and CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log files.

You do have to run CMake from an environment that works.  So, running
CMakeSetup from the start menu may cause trouble if the global PATH and
env is not correct.

-Bill