[CMake] Install path problem on MinGW

Jussi Pakkanen jpakkane at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 6 07:59:56 EDT 2008

Hi

I'm using CMake for Cuneiform (https://launchpad.net/cuneiform-linux). In my root CMakeLists.txt I have effectively the following:

set(LIBDIR "lib")

And then in source subdirectories I build shared libraries and install them with

install(TARGETS [library name] LIBRARY DESTINATION ${LIBDIR})

This works perfectly on Linux, OSX and FreeBSD. Recently a user tried to build Cuneiform with MinGW. He reports that the install command mentioned above gives the following kinds of errors (one for each library):

CMake Error at cuneiform_src/Kern/ccom/CMakeLists.txt:7 (install):
  install Library TARGETS given no DESTINATION!

CMake then stops without generating makefiles. I asked him to add
message(STATUS "Lib subpath in ccom is ${LIBDIR}.") above the install command. CMake prints the correct value for LIBDIR so it should be set properly.

What could be causing this? I have no Windows machines so I can't debug this myself, nor do I have all that much MinGW experience.

Thanks for your help.