[CMake] cmake and wxwidgets on windows

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Fri Oct 31 11:51:38 EDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 4:17 AM, Werner Smekal wrote:
> Hi John,
>
>> hi Miguel,
>>
>> seems that I resolved the problem with CMake not finding
>> wxWidgets.
>> There must have been a problem while building wxWidgets
>> on my machine.
>> As I installed wxPack now, CMake finds wxWidgets.
>
> A 400mb download is just an overkill if you only want to use one compiler.
> They also use MinGW 4.2.1 which seems to be the source of your problems (you
> very likely use MinGW 3.4.5) - also this version of MinGW is not a good one.
>
> I described how to compile and use the wxWidets library for the plplot
> library (which uses cmake), but that should also work for you:
>
> http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/index.php?title=WxWidgets
>
> if you have MinGW properly configured in a Windows CLI this should work
> without problems for you - and if not I would be interested in why this
> cookbook didn't work.

I agree with Werner here about wxPack being an overkill. Also,
compiling wxWidgets with your development environment is not all that
difficult. I use NMake with no problems.

Using wxPack didn't solve your first problem... you just changed
approaches and got a different problem. That is fine if that is what
you want, but I would still be interested in diagnosing what was wrong
before.

>> However since then a new error appears.
>> I've got a lot of undefined reference to
>> _Unwind_Resume errors now.
>> See below error message for further information.
>>
>> Anybody got an idea why they could appear?
>> Google hasn't brouhgt up, any useful suggestions so far.

As others have mentioned, this is not FindwxWidgets related.
Apparently, this is due to different environments being used for
compilation.

--Miguel