[CMake] Bundle Generator conflicts with MACOSX_BUNDLE

Mike Arthur mike at mikearthur.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 13:48:47 EDT 2008

On Thursday 30 October 2008 17:25:45 you wrote:
> Yes, this is something I've been contemplating on a low-priority thread.
>  I've added this and your other suggestions to the wiki, no particular
> guarantees on when I'll get to them.
Obviously I realise this you aren't a Kitware employee so I'll excuse my
apparent rudeness but I really question why this bundle generator is part of
CMake at the moment, it is strangely incomplete.

Something else I find strange which actually makes it unusable for me is way
that CPACK_BUNDLE_STARTUP_COMMAND is manually copied into the MacOS/
directory.

Combine this with this happening after "make install" is called and it makes
it, as far as I can see, actually impossible to have "make package" generate a
install_name_tool friendly app bundle, even with extensive work being done
with INSTALL(SCRIPT) calls.

Perhaps I'm just being stupid but if you can't help with the above can I
perhaps submit a patch to do so?

--
Cheers,
Mike Arthur