[CMake] SS12 and -xcode=pic32

George Neill georgen at neillnet.com
Mon Oct 27 13:54:20 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am using cmake 2.4.8 and Sun Studio 12.

I am trying to overwrite these default cmake compiler settings from
Modules/Platorm/SunOS.cmake

  SET(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS "-KPIC")
  SET(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_CXX_FLAGS "-KPIC")

  SET(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_C_FLAGS "-xcode=pic32")
  SET(CMAKE_SHARED_LIBRARY_CXX_FLAGS "-xcode=pic32")

However I am not having any luck.

The manpage says -KPIC is obsolete and -xcode=pic32 should be used instead.

<quote>
     -KPIC
          (SPARC) Obsolete. You should not use this option. Use
          -xcode=pic32 instead. For a complete list of obsolete
          options and flags, see the C User's Guide.

          (x86) -KPIC is identical to -Kpic on x86 architectures.
</quote>

I also found this conversation describing the flags,
http://unix.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/comp.unix.solaris/2005-12/msg01281.html

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
George