[CMake] Where should I patch CMake to bootstrap on MingW32?

Kenneth Boyd zaimoni at zaimoni.com
Sun Oct 26 15:57:57 EDT 2008

Both the bootstrapped, and cmake.org-provided binaries for Windows,
catastrophically fail to create CMakefiles on my system.
* GNU make 3.81
* GCC: MingW32 4.2.1, installed by tarballs to c:\MingW32 (gcc is at
c:\MingW32\bin\gcc.exe, etc.).  Non-development utilities are installed
by tarballs to c:\ (so bash is at c:\bin\bash.exe, etc.)

The bootstrap fails with:
====
  process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL,
  /C/MingWin.aux/cmake-2.6.2/Bootstrap.cmk/cmake.exe -E
cmake_progress_report
  /C/MingWin.aux/cmake-2.6.2/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeFiles 1, ...) failed.

  make (e=3): The system cannot find the path specified.
====
The prebuilt binary simply refuses to create the CMakefile outright.
Experimentation shows that acceptable paths would be in an MSYS
CMakefile, but the presence of \bin\sh blocks selection of the MSYS
project type.

Attaching Build.txt (complete log of running the bootstrap script, and
some other things) just in case something obvious is there.

Again, I'd like to know which files would be expected to need patching
to make bootstrap work.

Kenneth