[CMake] CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS

George Neill georgen at neillnet.com
Wed Oct 15 00:15:37 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I am using cmake 2.4.8, compiling on the solaris platform with SS12.
I am running cmake like this,

export CC=/path/to/SUNWSpro/bin/cc
export CXX=/path/to/SUNWspro/bin/CC

cmake -D"CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=MYBUILDTYPE"  ../path/to/src

I have overridden these variables before any PROJECT (or other cmake
command) in my top level CMakeLists.txt file.

SET(CMAKE_C_FLAGS_${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}_INIT  "-m64 -xarch=sparcvis")
SET(CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_${CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE}_INIT "-m64 -xarch=sparcvis")

These flags don't seem to make it to the compile line when I use the
CHECK_FUNCTION_EXISTS module.  I do see there's a CMAKE_REQUIRED_FLAGS
variable I could set before the test, however, I guess I assume by
setting the *_INIT variables I shouldn't have to override it.

Am I way off?

TIA,
George.