[CMake] Need help with building with cmake and make

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 5 12:00:26 EDT 2008

On 06.10.08 01:22:07, Shital Desai wrote:
> Hi,
> I am trying to install a software that uses boost and some other programs as
> well. I am using cmake to build the environment. However, I get the
> following error messages:
> (1) This is what I get when I run cmake ./

Bad idea, use a separate builddir, much easier to clean up when something
goes wrong.

> shital at shital-laptop:~/Work/fers-beta1$ sudo cmake ./

Why do you run cmake as root?

> [sudo] password for shital:
> -- found PYTHONLIBS_FOUND FALSE
> -- Could NOT find PythonLibs
> -- found PYTHONLIBS_FOUND FALSE
> -- Could NOT find PythonLibs
> -- found PYTHONLIBS_FOUND FALSE
> -- Could NOT find PythonLibs
> -- found PYTHONLIBS_FOUND FALSE
> -- Could NOT find PythonLibs
> -- Configuring done

This indicates an unclean builddir, there is much more output in the
initial run. If you're properly using find_package(Boost) then information
about the found boost version is also included.

> (2) Then when I run make , I get the following errors messages:
> [  6%] Building CXX object fftwcpp/CMakeFiles/fftwcpp.dir/fftwcpp.o
> /usr/bin/c++   -g -Wall -pthread -O2 -ffast-math -g
> -I/home/shital/Work/fers-beta1/fftwcpp -I/home/shital/Work/fers-beta1
> -D_REENTRANT -o fftwcpp/CMakeFiles/fftwcpp.dir/fftwcpp.o -c
> /home/shital/Work/fers-beta1/fftwcpp/fftwcpp.cpp
> In file included from /home/shital/Work/fers-beta1/fftwcpp/fftwcpp.cpp:11:
> /usr/local/include/boost-1_36/boost/thread/mutex.hpp:12:44: error:
> boost/thread/detail/platform.hpp: No such file or directory

Either you didn't search for boost, it wasn't found or you forgot the
include_directories() call for the boost-include directory.

Which cmake version are you using?

Andreas

--
Increased knowledge will help you now.  Have mate's phone bugged.