[CMake] [New Module] FindDevIL.cmake

Christopher Harvey chris at basementcode.com
Thu Nov 13 17:05:12 EST 2008

Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> On Monday 10 November 2008, Christopher Harvey wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>> This is a pretty simple module. I'd like to give back to cmake, even in
>> a small way. I'll maintain this module myself if it's put into the cmake
>> core.
>>

> I removed the CMAKE_MINIMUM_REQUIRED() from the module in cvs, since this is
> not necessary for modules shipped with cmake and it also may change the cmake
> policies as set up by the users project.
>
> One more question: is there a special reason why you put the lib, lib32 and
> lib64 PATH_SUFFIXES in the FIND_LIBRARY() calls ?
> They shouldn't be necessary, this should be handled by cmake automatically.
> Didn't it work for you ?
>
> Alex

Hi Alex,
Those suffixes are left over from when I first wrote the module and
didn't know that it searched both of them automatically. I guess I just
got used to seeing them there.

The reason I put the minimum version was because I thought that version
2.6 was needed for FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake to be present.

I'm going to work on the version variables soon, more commits to follow...

Chris.