[CMake] making Nightly builds easier to setup

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Nov 10 11:44:43 EST 2008

The variable CTEST_INITIAL_CACHE is ignored in new-style (CTEST_BUILD()
command based) ctest scripts.
Instead, you should use:

FILE(WRITE "${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}/CMakeCache.txt" "
MAKECOMMAND:STRING=nmake -i
CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM:FILEPATH=nmake
CMAKE_GENERATOR:INTERNAL=NMake Makefiles
BUILDNAME:STRING=Win32-nmake71
SITE:STRING=VOGON.kitware
CVSCOMMAND:FILEPATH=C:/cygwin/bin/cvs.exe
")

(But only on a clean build, after calling
CTEST_EMPTY_BINARY_DIRECTORY("${CTEST_BINARY_DIRECTORY}"), or perhaps only
if the CMakeCache.txt does not exist in the first place...)

HTH,
David