[CMake] cmake and wxwidgets on windows

John dbgtjp at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 3 04:27:33 EST 2008

Werner Smekal <smekal at ...> writes:

> Hi John,
>
> > hi Miguel,
> >
> > seems that I resolved the problem with CMake not finding
> > wxWidgets.
> > There must have been a problem while building wxWidgets
> > on my machine.
> > As I installed wxPack now, CMake finds wxWidgets.
>
> A 400mb download is just an overkill if you only want to use one
> compiler. They also use MinGW 4.2.1 which seems to be the source of
> your problems (you very likely use MinGW 3.4.5) - also this version of
> MinGW is not a good one.
>
> I described how to compile and use the wxWidets library for the plplot
> library (which uses cmake), but that should also work for you:
>
> http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/index.php?title=WxWidgets
>
> if you have MinGW properly configured in a Windows CLI this should
> work without problems for you - and if not I would be interested in
> why this cookbook didn't work.
>
> Regards,
> Werner

hi Werner,

I've got a question regarding your cookbook. The strange thing is that CMake
finds wxwidgets for some project, but not for all.

I tried to build the minimal sample of wxwidgets to proofe if my code is the
problem. but here CMake says wxwidgets not found, whereas in my code directory
CMake finds wxwidgets.

Do you know why that could be?

I used the CMakeLists.txt from here:
http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/CMake
and tried several variants to make minial.cpp work.

John