[CMake] add_custom_command: regenerate all on modifcation?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sat May 31 17:50:56 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-31 12:55+0400 Dave Milter wrote:

> Sorry, I completely not understand you, I don't see why I need test
> source file dependencies, I want test what I test: cmake files
> changes.

In that case, my guess is CMake is taking the conservative approach, i.e.,
rebuilding everything when CMake files are changed.  I doubt very much that
CMake currently has the intelligence to recognize changes in source file
lists as a special case where only a partial rebuild should be done.

For really big projects like KDE, I can see why you would like this
functionality. Perhaps the CMake developers should weigh in here on the
difficulties (which I suspect are large) of implementing this?

You might want to try FILE(GLOB ...) to assemble your list of source files,
but I suspect there are going to be build dependency issues for that case as
well.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).