[CMake] Minor problem with cmake-based chicken build on cygwin

Nathan Thern nthern at gmail.com
Sat May 31 14:00:07 EDT 2008

Hi all-
I just built chicken-3.2.0 on cygwin. The build went just fine, but the
install put the runtime dlls (cygchicken-0.dll and cyguchicken-0.dll) in
/usr/lib rather than /usr/bin. The installation did not work until I moved
the dlls to /usr/bin.

A quick inspection of the makefiles revealed that DLLSINPATH is not set
in Makefile.cygwin (whereas it is in the mingw & msvc makefiles).

The obvious fix is to define DLLSINPATH in the make arguments, but since the
build is broken unless that is done, it looks like a bug to me. Perhaps this
is a cmake bug, or a bug in the chicken source?

NT