[CMake] How to set up Cygwin + CMake + GNU Makefiles + cl.exe correctly?

Sebastien BARRE sebastien.barre at kitware.com
Fri May 30 19:50:52 EDT 2008

At 5/30/2008 02:36 PM, Bill Hoffman wrote:
>Stefan Buschmann wrote:
>>Thanks! I finally got it to work now. The problem was that invoking
>>the script does not really "export" the variables to the shell - so
>>in my own tests, "cmake" had it's environment variables set right,
>>because I invoked it directly from the script, but when running
>>"make" later, the variables were not set. I'm now exporting all
>>those variables directly in my .bashrc file - is there a better way
>>to invoke the script?
>
>No, you have to have the shell setup with a working cl for things to work...

Also, for what it is worth, I'm starting to use GNU make as well, and
I let my laptop run last night. Here are some numbers involving  two
of our main toolkits (VTK & ITK). Each measurement was computed by
cleaning the project then timing how long it would take to compile
the whole thing; this was done 3 times, and I kept the average of the
last two. As you can see, do *not* forget the -j option :) This was
performed with Visual Studio 2005, on a Dell Latitude D630 running
Vista 32 bits (Intel Core 2 Duo T7700 @ 2.4 Ghz, 4 Gig of RAM, SSD/Flash disk).

Emacs!