[CMake] Support of Qt Designer source code generation in Visual Studio...

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Thu May 29 10:16:35 EDT 2008

Iwan Dobbe wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm using "Visual Studio 8 (2005) C++ with Qt4 integration" (MSVS/QT
> IDE) on a Windows XP platform. I started creating my application in
> the standard way with <File><New><Project><Qt application>. This gives
> me Qt Designer support that creates and/or shows the accompanying
> source when a double click on a widget. It is possible to right-click
> on a widget and select "Connect signal..." to create the source code
> for that specific signal.
>
> Now I'm trying to use CMake to create a solution file that gives
> me the same behavior in my MSVS/QT IDE. At this stage compiling and
> linking is ok, so the program works. However, when using the
> integrated Qt Designer to edit UI files, double-clicking on a widget
> does not create or show me the accompanying source code. It is
> possible to right-click on a widget and select "Connect signal..." but
> again no code is shown or generated in the accompanying H and CPP files.
>
> Does anybody know what attributes I should add to my CMakeLists.txt
> file to include source code generation in my IDE?

I do notice that the Qt Visual Studio add-in doesn't function completely
when using CMake based projects.
But, I don't know why.  I did a <file><new><Qt application> and creating
a basic project, and looked at the generated files and didn't find
anything that looked like it would help the add-in function properly.
There isn't a qmake .pro file either.

You might get a better answer on the qt-interest list, as some people
there might understand the add-in's dependencies.
Or submit a bug to Trolltech, as it kind of looks like one to me.

Clint