[CMake] Packaging for Win32 system

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Wed May 28 04:38:54 EDT 2008

Hi,

Issue #1.
  In the past I was using the Free VCToolkit 2003 to package
everything; It was nice and easy since cmake by default uses /MT to
compile stuff (ie. no dll to redistribute).
  Unfortunately for me, /MT flag is actually very tricky to use when
you try to compile an exe that link to shared lib (dll).

  Since I am generating a python module (*.pyd) which is required to
be 'dll', I was wondering if I could compile the entire project using
static libs, and only the python module would be a shared lib.
  Is it possible to create a shared lib that link to static lib on
win32 system ?

Issue #2.
  If /MT option is not possible, I can switch to a /MD solution where
I would need to package some more system dlls. Has anyone tried it
yet, what needs to be done to package & install the extra system dlls
?

Thanks !
--
Mathieu