[CMake] Dealing with dll PATH on Windows

KSpam keesling_spam at cox.net
Fri May 23 12:56:21 EDT 2008

Bill,

On Friday 23 May 2008 09:27:54 Bill Hoffman wrote:
> But that would only work if they are using the IDE, nmake and make
> builds would still not work.  Another approach is to use a forwarding
> executable.  Have a wrapper program that sets PATH as needed to run
> things, and then execs the program once the path is setup.

I understand the IDE limitation.  In this case all of our Windows developers
use the IDE.  I figure that command line users will be less averse to
manipulating the environment themselves.

The wrapper program option was considered.  Another option mentioned would be
to build the executables as dlls, and have a wrapper program set up the
environment and load the dll.  I am not particularly fond of either approach,
but they would give more control over the PATH.

Thanks,
Justin