[CMake] Bump -- CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX weirdness.

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri May 23 11:53:25 EDT 2008

kent williams wrote:

> I made the simplest possible library project, and then messed it up
> based on our build system just enough to reproduce the error. ;-)
>
> Now obviously, what is done in this project -- Calling Cmake from make
> to batch-configure projects -- might be off-label usage for CMake.
> But the little test project demonstrates something annoying and a bit
> disturbing: Running cmake twice with the same command line parameters
> works for an empty build directory, and fails for an already existing
> build directory.

So, what is happening is that CMake things you have swapped compilers
and it deletes the cache.   That is so try-compiles get re-run with a
new compiler.   However, the effect is that it also deletes the -D stuff
from the command line.  If your rule did not set the compiler it would
work better.  I will see if I can come up with a fix for this.  However,
I would recommend you run cmake as a shell script, and use CC and CXX
environment variables to set the compiler and not -D options.  That
should be a viable workaround.

-Bill