[CMake] Advice for CMake_import_build_settings

Blezek, Daniel J., Ph.D. Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Fri May 23 09:52:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

  I'd like to build and install Insight (though the toolkit is not
important) using GCC.  Then I want to build applications using GCC, the
Intel compiler, and IBM's XLC compiler.  All should be able to use the
GCC-build libraries.  However, CMAKE prohibits this with the
CMake_import_build_settings command, which forces the project to change
it's compiler, and consequently wreaking havok on my CMakeCache.  This
is really frustrating.  I have to build and install 3 versions of
Insight, when only one is really needed.

  My question: Is this behavior strictly necessary?  I can see it may
have utility on Windows, but makes less sense in Linux, especially in
our case.  Is it possible to augment or override this command, or do I
pick it out of our installed libraries?

Regards,
-dan

Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center
Enterprise Imaging Systems Unit

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu