[CMake] What is the proper way to handle additional non-object files generated by compilation?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri May 23 04:15:59 EDT 2008

Thanks, Maik, for your additional response.  For now, I have only skimmed
what you said and don't completely understand the implications, yet, but my
first impression is it looks like something special for fortran *.mod files
is done in the C++ code rather than something more general that would work
for any language compiler that generated additional files beyond the normal
object files.

Later (see below) I will dig deeper into what you said as I try to figure
out what is necessary to put the *.ali files generated by the Ada compiler
on the list of files to be cleaned.

The current status is my Ada support files work for 2.4.8 reasonably well
(except for the "make clean" issue mentioned in this thread).  For those
interested, a simple (hello, world) Ada test project to demonstrate this can
be obtained using

"svn checkout
https://plplot.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/plplot/branches/test_cmake/test_ada
test_ada"

The project is completely self-contained and includes the Ada language support
files.  You run the usual cmake and make commands to build an Ada library
(consisting of one routine to output "hello, world") and an Ada executable
which calls that one routine.

Note, this simple test project does not work for 2.6.0 (probably because my
current Ada language support files are in the 2.4.x style rather than the
different style of the 2.6.0 language support files) so I will concentrate
on that issue first, then get back to the "make clean" issue mentioned in
this thread, later.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).