[CMake] wxWidgets on Win32 (MSW)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue May 20 03:38:50 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:02 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Werner Smekal wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mathieu,
>>
>> first I would use the standard Windows CLI and not cygwin, if you intend
>> to use VC++ and NMake. I normally tell cmake where to find the correct
>> version of wxWidgets via
>>
>> -DwxWidgets_LIB_DIR=path_to_lib_dir -DwxWidgets_CONFIGURATION=msw
>>
>> In addition regarding your output, this line
>>
>>  > wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND
>>
>> suggests, that you need to add the path to wxrc to the standard PATH
>> environment variable. But I don't use you combination of tools, and would
>> also suggest not to do so. VC++ and NMake are native Win32 tools and there
>> is no need to use cygwin.
>>

> However, there should not a problem using cygwin with nmake.  Most of my
> cmake development is done with visual studio and cygwin gmake, used to be
> nmake before dual core machines came out, and nmake does not handle parallel
> builds.

I am also using cygwin/rxvt and have a bunch of scripts to init vars
(INCLUDE/LIB...), I have been very pleased with them so far, and there
is no way for me to start using the 'cmd' thingy....

> Is this a valid path on your machine:
> WX_adv:FILEPATH=/wxWidgets-2.8.7/lib/vc_lib/wxmsw28_adv.lib ?

nope, it's is missing the c:/. Doing a sed solved my issue, but I
really do not understand what is going on with cmake 2.6 during the
inspection. This is on my laptop at home, and some of the network (Z:,
Y: and X: were disconected at the time, but other than creating
slowdown it should not affect cmake bahavior).

> Mathieu, where is wx*.lib located on your machine?

WX_adv:FILEPATH=c:/wxWidgets-2.8.7/lib/vc_lib/wxmsw28_adv.lib ?

works for me.

--
Mathieu
Ps: I am using an installed version (.exe from official wxWidgets