[CMake] cmake 2.6.0, breakages

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Mon May 19 10:11:48 EDT 2008

* Andreas Pakulat (apaku at gmx.de) wrote:

> > I guess I will. GLOB_RECURSE may not be the best way to specify
> > project sources, but it matching anything under CMakeFiles/ is certainly
> > not what user would expect.
> Actually as a CMake user I would expect exactly that. GLOB_RECURSE not
> looking in certain directories because of their name is completely
> broken behaviour, what if I have sources in there that I want to
> compile?
I'd expect cmake to work with filetree state as it was at the moment
right before cmake was run. That is, there won't be any generated
files. The behavior shound not change with subsequent cmake runs, so
generated files should be invisible to user-issued instructions like
GLOB_RECURSE.

I guess you can do nothing other than not look into certain directories
because of their name, because cmake creates just those directories with
specific names. You _are_ expecting that cmake will overwrite Makefile,
but leave MaKeFiLe untouched, right?

Dmitry A. Marakasov    | jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru       | http://www.amdmi3.ru