[CMake] ifort and msys == trouble

Maik Beckmann beckmann.maik at googlemail.com
Sun May 18 16:02:41 EDT 2008

Hello List,

Today I found the reason why the MSYS generator fails with ifort.

This line
  ifort -fpp test.f
works at the standard cmd,  the cygwin shell and msys shell.  But this one
    ifort /fpp test.f
fails when doing it in msys, because /fpp is considered as an file and ifort
wants to compile it.

Since it works with cygwin I assume ifort knows cygwin and handles the forward
slash right.  Does anyone know if ifort has a flag or environment variable
name to set which tells ifort its working on windows.

If its not possible I'll do a bug report at the intel tracker.  In the mean
time we can work around it by replacing all "/" with "-" in
Windows-ifort.cmake.  But I fear many users will suffer from this issue when
they add their own flags.

Thanks,
 -- Maik