[CMake] MinGW and cmake issues...

Phil Pellouchoud Phil at slacker.com
Sat May 17 12:11:02 EDT 2008

I saw somewhere online talk about "process_begin" and being a path issue
(i.e. finding the wrong tools, etc...) for a different problem.  So I
had adjusted my path (SET PATH=.;C:\mingw\bin;C:\cmake\bin).  But still
no luck...

-phil

---- CMakeError.log ----
Determining if the C compiler works failed with the following output:
Change Dir: S:/software/packages/utility/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command:C:/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe "cmTryCompileExec/fast"
C:/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f
CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build.make
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build

process_begin: CreateProcess(C:\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe,
C:/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f
CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build.make
CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build, ...) failed.

make (e=234): More data is available.

mingw32-make.exe: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 234

[...]

---- CMakeOutput.log ----
The system is: Windows - 5.1 - x86
Compiling the C compiler identification source file "CMakeCCompilerId.c"
succeeded.
Compiler: C:/mingw/bin/gcc.exe
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:
0

Compilation of the C compiler identification source "CMakeCCompilerId.c"
produced "a.exe"

The C compiler identification is GNU, found in
"S:/software/packages/utility/build/CMakeFiles/CompilerIdC/a.exe"

Compiling the CXX compiler identification source file
"CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" succeeded.
Compiler: C:/mingw/bin/g++.exe
Build flags:
Id flags:

The output was:
0
CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp:70: warning: deprecated conversion from string
constant to 'char*'
CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp:154: warning: deprecated conversion from string
constant to 'char*'

Compilation of the CXX compiler identification source
"CMakeCXXCompilerId.cpp" produced "a.exe"

The CXX compiler identification is GNU, found in
"S:/software/packages/utility/build/CMakeFiles/CompilerIdCXX/a.exe"