[CMake] MinGW and cmake issues...

Phil Pellouchoud Phil at slacker.com
Sat May 17 11:32:31 EDT 2008

I have been trying to get cmake to work with MinGW.

I have trolled around the net and looked for clues and tried a bunch of
things without success.  Here are the particulars:

- cmake 2.6

- cmake installed C:\cmake

- mingw installed C:\mingw

- SET PATH=.;C:\mingw\bin;C:\cmake\bin

Here's what I get:

S:\software\packages\utility\build>cmake -G "MinGW Makefiles" ..

-- The C compiler identification is GNU

-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU

-- Check for working C compiler: C:/mingw/bin/gcc.exe

-- Check for working C compiler: C:/mingw/bin/gcc.exe -- broken

CMake Error at
C:/cmake/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:32 (MESSAGE):

  The C compiler "C:/mingw/bin/gcc.exe" is not able to compile a simple
test

  program.

  It fails with the following output:

   Change Dir: S:/software/packages/utility/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

  Run Build Command:C:/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe
"cmTryCompileExec/fast"

  C:/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f
CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build.make

  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build

  process_begin: CreateProcess(C:\mingw\bin\mingw32-make.exe,

  C:/mingw/bin/mingw32-make.exe -f
CMakeFiles\cmTryCompileExec.dir\build.make

  CMakeFiles/cmTryCompileExec.dir/build, ...) failed.

  make (e=234): More data is available.

  mingw32-make.exe: *** [cmTryCompileExec/fast] Error 234

  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

Call Stack (most recent call first):

  CMakeLists.txt:1 (PROJECT)

-- Configuring done

S:\software\packages\utility\build>