[CMake] gcc and concept-checks

dizzy dizzy at roedu.net
Thu May 15 11:16:32 EDT 2008

On Thursday 15 May 2008 15:55:46 Maik Beckmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just download the gcc-4.3 binary distribution of mingw.  It fails to
> compile CMake due to
> {{{
> class cmSourceGroup
> {
>   std::vector<cmSourceGroup> GroupChildren; // cmSourceGroup is incomplete!
> };
> }}}
> since libstdc++ is compilied with --enable-concept-checks.
>
> Is gcc right?  By default concept-checks are disabled, thus I never
> had problems like this at my Linux box and with previous mingw
> releases (they haven't been configured with --enable-concept-checks).

Seems CMake is violating ISO C++ then. You may not instantiate standard
library templates of incomplete types (for example, even "struct A {
std::auto_ptr<A> a; };" is invalid, C++0x will have an exception to that for
shared_ptr<>, but for the standard containers that surely is the rule).

Mihai RUSU					Email: dizzy at roedu.net
			"Linux is obsolete" -- AST