[CMake] Custom-Targets with unknown outputs

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at absint.com
Wed May 14 00:24:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

what's a good way to integrate a custom target that works like the following:

We have a generator, that takes some known files (like bison or flex) but
instead of generating few known ones, it will generate a full subdir of
source files with not predictable names. Atm we generate makefiles for this
subdir in the generator and call make from the outside for this subdir + link
in the generated static lib. Bad thing is, this isn't that platform
independend.

Is there a sane way to handle this with cmake? I thought of creating a
CMakeLists.txt in the subdir, but how to include/subdir it, as it will not
exist at the first run of cmake but be created while building.

cu
Christoph

--
AbsInt Angewandte Informatik GmbH      Email: cullmann at AbsInt.com