[CMake] CMake-2.6 CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue May 13 15:17:17 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 13 May 2008, Andreas Pokorny wrote:
> Hi,
> Can you give me some hints on filtering the strace output. I expected
> to find syscalls
> that try to open "ar" or "ar.exe". There was none.

It's done in Modules/CMakeFindBinUtils.cmake, which is included e.g. in
Modules/CMakeDetermineCCompiler.cmake, so it's executed directly after
checking for the C compiler.
Nothing will be done if CMAKE_AR is already set.

> I looked at calls of "symlink_info::check". When grepping for these
> calls, there was a
> block of:
> 38 4093345 [main] cmake 528 symlink_info::check: 0 = symlink.check
> (c:\work\Q NX632\host\win32\x86\usr\bin\objdump.exe, 0x22A7F0) (0x0)
> with simlar calls for nm strip ld objcopy and objdump.
> C:\work\QNX632\usr\bin matches:
> ${QNX_HOST_WIN_PATH}/usr/bin/

Yes, that's in the same file. The check for ar should be directly before
these. You can use some message(STATUS ...) commands to debug this, ideally
always from a empty build dir.

Alex