[CMake] Why CPack does not _ALWAYS_ use DESTDIR?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue May 13 03:33:48 EDT 2008

2008/5/13, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:
> Eric Noulard wrote:
>

>  Because for some projects DESTDIR may not work, and the default has been
> set.  To change it would break existing projects.

Sorry about being pushy but in which kind of "project"
DESTDIR may not work?

More preciselty which CMake command would make

DESTDIR="/whatever/writeable_path" make install

fail?

Do you know any existing project I may look at in order to understand?

At least on UNIX platform I cannot see how this could be broken?
May be there is a WIN32 issue I do not see?

--
Erk