[CMake] CMake and Clanlib

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Sun May 11 13:32:11 EDT 2008

On 2008-05-11 18:40+0200 Nathan Huesken wrote:

> Which looks like, it finds everything (and correctltly!).
> But when I then type make, I get:
> [ 25%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/schueler.dir/button_colorstyle.o
> (...)
> /home/ls/Projects/lernprog/schueler/button_colorstyle.hh:4:25: Error: ClanLib/gui.h: File or Directory not found
> (...)
>
> Which suggests, that the correct -I parameter is not given to the g++ command.

For debugging the cmake stage you should use the MESSAGE command to print
out variable names such as ClanLib_INCLUDE_DIRS to make sure FIND_PACKAGE is
returning reasonable values for its documented variables.

At the build stage use "make VERBOSE=1" to get all the exact details of the
build.

Those two steps to increase print out should substantially help
you to figure out what is going wrong, but if you still have problems
finding the solution be sure to share that extra printed out information
with this list.

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).