[CMake] wxWidgets, cmake and parallels & msys is confused

Eric Torstenson eric.torstenson at mac.com
Fri May 9 17:45:42 EDT 2008

Werner Smekal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I needed some time to understand your setup :), but four things come
> into my mind:
Yeah, as I was writing this message, it started looking like maybe that
alone was making things worse, lol.

> 1) Is it possible that you have some old cmake config files left
> somewhere from a cmake configuration on the mac, since you build your
> program from the source which is on /z which I believe is the mounted
> Mac OS X partition? If you have such stale files left that might be
> the reason of this misconfiguration. Remove the build directory
> completely and start from scratch again. Check the source tree if
> there is some file there which doesn't belong there.
This seems to have been the problem. I am using out of source builds,
but until I did a complete copy of the source dir, even starting a new
place to build in, I still got the wxMac error. Something must be jammed
up inside the real source directory.

> 2) Just to make sure - copy the source files into your virtual
> partition and run the build again. In addition you could unmount z: so
> it msys can't find wx-config from Mac OS X in any case.
I didn't even have to unmount anything. Copying the source (without any
CMake stuff other than CMakeLists.txt files) did the job.
> 4) Get VirtualBox :) and drop Parallels.
Hm, I hadn't heard of this. I think I'm going to move to an old copy of
visual studio and see if that fixes my weirdnesses that were causing me
to want to compile without WIN32 (the current one is just too big to run
on my laptop under parallels). After thinking about it a bit, I'm using
some prebuilt stuff and some that I compiled with MSYS and MingW. I am
pretty sure that this sort of mishmash is a recipe for disaster, without
the WIN32 being defined.