[CMake] wxWidgets, cmake and parallels & msys is confused

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Fri May 9 15:12:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

I needed some time to understand your setup :), but four things come
into my mind:

1) Is it possible that you have some old cmake config files left
somewhere from a cmake configuration on the mac, since you build your
program from the source which is on /z which I believe is the mounted
Mac OS X partition? If you have such stale files left that might be the
reason of this misconfiguration. Remove the build directory completely
and start from scratch again. Check the source tree if there is some
file there which doesn't belong there.

2) Just to make sure - copy the source files into your virtual partition
and run the build again. In addition you could unmount z: so it msys
can't find wx-config from Mac OS X in any case.

3) You could run the build with "make VERBOSE=ON" and you would see how
the compiler is called with which options. This might help.

4) Get VirtualBox :) and drop Parallels.

HTH,
Werner

Dr. Werner Smekal
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik