[CMake] [Paraview] paraview CVS xcodebuild

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri May 9 08:47:59 EDT 2008

Mike Jackson wrote:
> I am going to cross post to paraview and Cmake because I am not sure
> which one is the better place.
>
> System: OS X 10.4.11, Core Duo (original) 2 GB Ram, Xcode 2.5. ParaView
> CVS, CMake 2.6.0 Release.
>
> I had to use CMake 2.6 to generate the project files as CMake 2.4.8
> would not generate them for some reason. Xcode took a little bit to open
> the project file (1 minute maybe) but then started compiling. Then I
> went to bed...
>
>  When I checked in the morning there were 2 compile errors on the
> vtknetcdf library compilation.
>
> /Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView3/VTK/Utilities/vtknetcdf/error.c: In
> function 'strerror':
> /Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView3/VTK/Utilities/vtknetcdf/error.c:29:
> error:  conflicting type qualifiers for 'sys_nerr'
> /usr/include/stdio.h:273: error: previous declaration of 'sys_nerr' was
> here
> /Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView3/VTK/Utilities/vtknetcdf/error.c:30:
> error: conflicting types for 'sys_errlist'
> /usr/include/stdio.h:274: error: previous declaration of 'sys_errlist'
> was here
>
> I think this probably has more to do with how the cmake files are
> written because this works with "makefiles".
>
> So, for me, I would say that an Xcode build 'may' work, but I am getting
> errors so I just don't know. But at least it hasn't errored out and
> crashed.

This looks like a try-compile is failing for some reason.   Can you
check your CMakeCache.txt for HAVE_STRERROR and also the CMakeError.log
and CMakeOutput.log for both the makefile and the Xcode project.  I am
guessing they will be different.

I just checked the CMakeList files for vtknetcfd and I think there maybe
a bug with HAVE_STRERROR.   vtknetcfd is depending on vtklibxml2 to do
the try-compile for this.   It should have its own check.

-Bill