[CMake] [Paraview] paraview CVS xcodebuild

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri May 9 08:32:32 EDT 2008

I am going to cross post to paraview and Cmake because I am not sure
which one is the better place.

System: OS X 10.4.11, Core Duo (original) 2 GB Ram, Xcode 2.5.
ParaView CVS, CMake 2.6.0 Release.

I had to use CMake 2.6 to generate the project files as CMake 2.4.8
would not generate them for some reason. Xcode took a little bit to
open the project file (1 minute maybe) but then started compiling.
Then I went to bed...

  When I checked in the morning there were 2 compile errors on the
vtknetcdf library compilation.

/Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView3/VTK/Utilities/vtknetcdf/error.c:
In function 'strerror':
/Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView3/VTK/Utilities/vtknetcdf/error.c:
29: error:  conflicting type qualifiers for 'sys_nerr'
/usr/include/stdio.h:273: error: previous declaration of 'sys_nerr'
was here
/Users/Shared/Kitware-CVS/ParaView3/VTK/Utilities/vtknetcdf/error.c:
30: error: conflicting types for 'sys_errlist'
/usr/include/stdio.h:274: error: previous declaration of
'sys_errlist' was here

I think this probably has more to do with how the cmake files are
written because this works with "makefiles".

So, for me, I would say that an Xcode build 'may' work, but I am
getting errors so I just don't know. But at least it hasn't errored
out and crashed.

--
Mike Jackson   Senior Research Engineer