[CMake] LIST bugs for cmake version 2.6-patch 0 RC-8

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Wed May 7 12:12:47 EDT 2008

On 2008-04-19 11:46-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> On 2008-04-18 15:14-0400 Bill Hoffman wrote:
>> OK, so it is not a regression...   Can you please create a bug entry for
>> this.  Thanks.
>
> Done, see http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=6852.

This bug had been closed, but the fix is not quite complete yet.  For CMake
2.6.0 my test script (with

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)

prepended) gives good results for all results except the SORT one.

Here is a short test script to show the issue.

cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
set(list_example "1;;;2;3;4;5")
message("input list_example = ${list_example}")
list(SORT list_example)
message("sorted list_example = ${list_example}")

The result is

input list_example = 1;;;2;3;4;5
sorted list_example = 1;2;3;4;5

Obviously, the empty elements should show up in the sorted list but they
don't.

Bill, should I enter this as a new bug, reopen the old bug, or is the fix
so trivial I don't need to do either?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).